Being a mom of 7 you'd think I had everything pertaining to motherhood down by now. HA! It's having 7 kids that makes me randomly forget stuff! Often!
These days, when I'm heading out to run errands or take someone to an appointment, it's pretty much a guarantee that my 2 year old son will be with us. He is honestly the best behaved baby I've had though, so not many problems arise.
This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon. Just think of it as you helping me keep a roof over my family. 😉
I survived quite a few years with a dinky little purse. But when the Shopko near me went out of business I finally got myself a bigger purse. And also stopped using the diaper bag!
So here are the items that I will usually have on hand with me.
1. A snack - My sons loves raisins so I usually mix them with some cereal and sometimes goldfish crackers.
2. Diaper & Wipes - I keep a travel size wipes and 1 - 2 diapers in my purse at all times.
3. Water - I bring my own water bottle and sometimes his sippy cup. I love these Gerber ones because the spill sproof plug comes out and you can get it nice and clean!
4. Small Toy & Book - Depending on where we are going, I will either bring his mini magna doodle or some cars. I will also sometimes bring a book for him if I know we will be at a place where we have to wait for a long period of time.
5. A Pen & Paper - This is for those desperate times when you know he's about to go into meltdown from being away from home for so long. A baggie of crayons and a tiny notebook works great too!
6. Extra Clothing - Yes even toddlers need a spare sometimes! I usually only bring seasonal things like an extra pair of mittens or maybe another shirt. (He's cutting those back molars and still a little faucet!) You can never be overly prepared when it comes to kids!
On days when he's not feeling the greatest or just didn't get enough sleep (his big brother gets up way early... they share a bunk bed), I'll bring his favorite blanket and his favorite plushie. (It's odd to me that it's a Santa rattle, but I'm not judging!)
Bring anything that will make YOUR life easier! Some days you are already at your wits end before you even make it out the door and they say our kids pick up on our emotions. You know your kiddo the best, so just pack his/her favorite small stuff! 👍
What are some items you can't leave behind when you venture out with your toddler? Let me know in the comments!! ♥